Ever wondered where I’ll be heading?
Fret no more, for it’s somewhere high that many are dreading,
Ever heard the news?
That the temperature there’s less than zero degree celsius?
Where else could this be?
Known as the rooftop of Luzon,
And dubbed as the third highest mountain peak in the country,
None other than, the beaming Mt. Pulag.
Yes, there’s nothing more adventurous for Adventuroj,
Than to take on this challenge,
So here’s the itinerary that’s prearranged,
Stay tuned for the future photos, posts and more!
Hike to Mt Pulag
Checklist / What to Bring on Mt Pulag?
- Clothes (2+1 pairs)
- Fleece Jacket/Down jacket/Shell (must be suited to temperatures of 0–7 degrees Celsius/32-45 Fahrenheit )
- Trekking Pants/Jogging Pants
- Extra socks
- Trekking Shoes/Rubber Shoes/Sandals
- Bonnet/Head gear/Scarf/malong
- Plastic bags (for water proofing of your bags, clothes, cameras and other items)
- Sleeping bag / Tent
- Large Garbage bags (at least 2 pcs)
- Flashlight/Headlamp (plus, extra batteries)
- Personal whistle
- Personal meds and First Aid Kit
- Tissue Paper
- Mess kit (Plate or container bowl, utensils)
- Water bottle (at least 3 liters if you’re sensitive to unfamiliar water; or just a 1-2 liter container, easily refillable with cool, fresh, clean and potable mountain water)
- Personal Trail food (candies, chocolates, cookies; to share!)
- Camera (for photo ops!)
via AMBANGUEG – AMBANGUEG TRAIL
- 2200 Take bus to Baguio City
- 0400 ETA Baguio City. Breakfast then proceed to jeepney terminal/chartered jeep.
- 0530 Take chartered jeepney to Ambangeg.
- 1000 ETA Visitors’ Center. Registration / Orientation
- 1130 Set out for Ranger Station 1230 ETA and lunch at Ranger.
- 1300 Start trek 1430 ETA Camp 1
- 1600 ETA Camp 2. Set up camp; optional summit assault.
- 1800 Dinner at campsite; socials
- 0430 Early morning trek to summit for sunrise
- 0545 Arrival at summit just in time for sunrise
- 0700 Start descent from summit
- 0800 Back at Camp 2; heavy breakfast
- 0900 Decamp; start descent to Ranger Station
- 1130 Back at Ranger; Settle guide fees; jeepney descent
- 1230 Back at Visitors’ Center; tidy up and log out
- 1400 Head back to Baguio City
- 1700 ETA Baguio City. Dinner.
- 1900 Head back to Manila
Tour Package and Itinerary courtesy of Roadtrip Adventure Travel and Tours for 2,500php (all in).
Pingback: Of Candles and Birthday Cakes in the Year of the Snakes | The Adventures of AdventuRoj!
Hi Roj, belated happy birthday! So happy that you’re living out the life you’ve always wanted. I truly salute your courage. Keep hiking! May you travel many more miles. I’ll be travelling with you through your posts. 🙂
Hi Mel! Gee.. thanks! I wish the best for you as well. Kita kits soon! ^^,