My ‘Sun’day turned into a ‘sun’nier one when I got the news – my blog got nominated for a blog award!
I just started blogging this year out of my whimsical desire to share my adventures to my friends, family, and adventurers alike. I’d like to share to them my travels, my destinations, and my dream to visit all provinces of the Philippines and of course, the world.
I have no intent to blog to brag. For me blogging is my way of giving back to the blessings that I’ve received over the years. Blogging provides me an opportunity to promote the happiness of others.
It’s already rewarding enough for me to get a page view, a like, a comment, or perhaps a word or two from an acquaintance thanking me for inspiring them. But a blog award? I say, it’s one of the best gifts a blogger could receive!
So today I’d like to share to you my first ever blog award – the Liebster Blog Award!
What is The Liebster Blog Award?
This accolade is awarded to budding bloggers who have just started this hobby and who’ve earned less than 200 followers. This way, their creativity in writing or in blogging in general will be showcased to the blogging industry, and other bloggers will also get to know them.
Now there are rules to follow:
- The awardee must share 7-10 random things about yourself that people do not know.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter and link back to them on your blog;
- Copy and paste the award and rules on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who inspired you by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers. And most of all – have fun!
Now here are 10 random things about Adventuroj:
- I love eating exotic foods – balut (the bigger the duck, the better), kamaru, iguana meat, crocodile, and my favorite grasshoppers (known as ‘apan’ in our native dialect).
- I love the color yellow – and all of the things associated with it, on top of the list is spongebob.
- I am a NorthFace addict – from bags, footwear, shirts, head gear, accessories, tents, etc. lahat!
- I have a budget friendly heart, in short ‘kuripot’ ako (except for my TNF addiction). I always go for what’s cheaper especially on my travels – if I could walk, then I will, rather than paying for a trike, a cab or a taxi.
- I love street foods – kwek-kwek, fishballs, tinae, adidas, banana cue, barbeque, everything!
- I am a Registered Nurse turned freelance writer, web researcher, project manager, and blogger.
- I am an amazing race aspirant.
- I just love my name – Rojae, for everywhere I look, I can’t find anyone with the same name. haha. Talk about uniqueness!
- I dream of someday leaving the comfort of my home and live a nomadic life on the road while working online and travelling the whole world. Only then when I finished my course will I go home.
- I’ll leave this blank for now, a space reserved for the future discoveries that I’ll have about myself as I fulfil my dreams in the days to come.
So before I end, I’d like to give my utmost gratitude to Ness of SayItNess for picking me for this award. She blogs about Anything and Everything Else. Don’t forget to check out her blog!
In the days to come, I’ll be posting my top 5 picks for the next set of the Liebster Blog Awards winners.
Once again, thank you Ness and thank you for everyone!
Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give. ~Edwin Arlington Robinson