Popularly known being one of the premier shooting locations of Survivor (PH and US) reality TV shows, CARAMOAN boasts a lot of enchanting islands and amazing limestone cliff rock formations!
Even with the hype of these shows, Caramoan is ironically a very peaceful and lax community where people thrive in living a quiet and simple life. If I may compare to other PH hotspots, it’s like a miniature El Nido minus the mayhem of tourists and with a more peaceful atmosphere.
Caramoan islands is a famous tourist destination located in the farthest coast of the province of Camarines Sur. Unknown to many, it can also be reached via Virac, Catanduanes which only takes about 1 hour of travel by land to Codon Port, the jump-off to the islands – which is was shorter than getting off from Sabang Port in CamSur!
Stops of this island hop includes:
– Lahos Island
– Matukad island (where you can find the ‘Enchanted Bangus’ at nagulat naman kami na may ROCK CLIMBING pala dito :D) – Tip: BRING HIKING SHOES
– Tinago beach
– Cagbalinad Island
– Minalagos Island
– Catanaguan Island
– Busdak Beach
– Ride to Codon, San Andres Port
– Start of Caramoan Island Hopping (7 islands)
– Lunch at the Islands (BYOB)
– Resume the Island Hopping
– Back to Codon Port and to Virac Downtown
And on our way home we saw this rainbow from afar! ❤ a perfect day indeed!