1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer and reflection
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2012.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day —- and while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do; keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right things.
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Forgiveness heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace life.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not least:
40. Enjoy LIFE!
This is a good list of tips, just the thing I’m looking for! But more than these things, I’d also want to read some action plans to get to the goals. I have a profile in 43things.com where I post the things I’d like to accomplish given a period of time and have other people cheer on my achievements. Maybe you’d want to join and do the same. 😀
wow! everything is such so wonderful!! though i do most all of them haha especially about health! This all good lists of yours makes a wonderful guide to everyone who’ll read it in the future! xx
you’ve got a great list here dude! they are very useful. I so like number 2 and i think i should be applying it this year.
my fav is #40 Enjoy Life… enjoy life to the fullest, smile, be happy.
#Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does, will remeber it too.
Great tips. Be healthy, be pleasant, be part of a community and appreciate life.
These are great tips, indeed. If I can do at least half of this, my life would definitely be so much better in all four aspects. 🙂
For health issue, your health tips are all followed. Good thing I don’t have work for I can sleep more than 8 hours!
I think that is a good list of tips for a healthy life. However, I believe that you are missing the most important aspect having a healthy life. People need to exercise to have a strong body so that they could enjoy the rest of their lives.
These 40 tips are all interesting.
7 Hours of sleep… I usually sleep less than that during the work days and more during my off days from work which. Bad habit. 😦
My favorite is the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy. — I will have these three listed in my heart. It’s the only three that I need to keep me motivated to live a healthy and good lifestyle.
I love your number 1 and 2 tips at HEALTH. Plenty of water and eating like a beggar at night :).
Also, sleeping well will definitely become a game changer in terms of a healthy lifestyle. This is what I lack of.
Pingback: 40 Happy and Healty Tips in Year 2013 « I Love Food So Much