The Bangui Windmills are located in Bangui, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The windmills, officially referred to as the NorthWind Bangui Bay Project, were a project by the NorthWind Development Corporation as a practice renewable energy sources and to help reduce the greenhouse gases that cause global warming. The project is the first “Wind Farm” in the Philippines consisting of wind turbines on-shore facing the South China Sea and considered to be the BIGGEST IN SOUTHEAST ASIA!
Amazing isn’t it?
It sells 40% electricity to Ilocos Norte and is contributing to reduce the greenhouse effect which causes global warming. Can you imagine how simple life is in Ilocos Norte? Fifty percent energy consumption of SM Megamall is the whole energy consumption in Ilocos Norte.
Each windmill has 236 meters apart on shore. These beautiful structures has 41 meters blade and the its height is roughly equivalent to a 23-storey building.
Seeing these 20 beautiful windmills in Bangui, Ilocos Norte is one of my most awaited highlight of our Pagudpud adventure. We can’t explain the feeling when we first saw these windmills. Truly, the answer to our energy problem is Blowing in the Wind…
How to go to Bangui Windmills?
The visit to the Bangui Windmill is part of our Pagudpud Tricycle Tour with Kuya Rene (
- South and North Pagudpud Tour (Tricycle)
- Rate: 1,000 pesos per tour
- Contact Details: 09208532047 look for Kuya Rene
Pagudpud Budget Tour Details
Here is the list of the activities you can do to appreciate Pagudpud.
- Swim and surf in the breathtaking Saud Beach
- Thirty minutes trek to majestic Kabigan Falls
- Stopover at Patapat Viaduct with blue skies and blue sea waters as backdraft
- See Bantay Abot cave, where waves hit the cliffs
- Drop by Agua Paraiso, where waves hit the rocks
- Enjoy huge wave and white sand in pristine Blue Lagoon(Maira-ira beach)
- Witness Pagudpud sunset
- Visit Bangui Wind Mills, Bojeador (Burgos) Lighthouse, Curimao, Laoag, Paoay and Vigan
|The above blog post is part of my Ilokandia Ultimate Adventure – Laoag – Pagudpud – Vigan tour series of posts in the Ilocos Region, Philippines that happened last November 28 – December 2, 2012. | Ilocos Adventure: Laoag Vigan Pagudpud Budget Itinerary | Laoag City Walking Tour: Places, Food, and Fun Treats | Ilocandia Sand Boarding and 4×4 Ride in La Paz Sand Dunes | Paoay Tour: Paoay Church, Malacanang of the North and the Paoay Lake | Bangui Windmills: The Answer is Blowing in the Wind | Historical Adventure at Faro de Cabo Bojeador|