“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
Another blessing has come my way, The Adventures of Adventuroj is nominated as one of Skyscanner’s Travel Blog Oscar’s New Comer Blogs in the Philippines.
The winners for each country are going to be determined by the most number of votes. These winners from the Philippines will in turn compete with winners from other countries.
What is Bloscars 2013?
The Bloscars 2013 are the Skyscanner Travel Blog Awards where Skyscanner recognises the excellent work of travel bloggers on informing and inspiring travelers by sharing their adventures and travel experiences.
How Are The Nominees Selected?
From Janet Ranola of Skyscanner Philippines:
The nominees have been selected by colleagues (mostly from our PR and content/SEO team) from both the Singapore and UK offices (I am not included for obvious reasons). I know that there had been a lot of going back and forth when it went down to shortlisting the blogs per category because for the Philippines alone they have come up with about 50 travel blogs that are pretty good. Multiply that process for 10 more countries and you’ve got chaos. That’s the reason why they came up with a readers’ choice category because they all know that they cannot include all these. I’m pretty sure there are a lot of questions, especially from those who think that there are far better blogs (in terms of quality of writing and content, which are the main things that we are looking for) that should be on the list, but please encourage them to campaign for these travel blogs under the readers’ choice category.
Phases of the Competition
The Skyscanner Travel Blog Awards consist of three stages:
- The Skyscanner international team nominates 5 bloggers for each of the categories in each country.
- Popular Voting: A shortlist of 5 blogs will be chosen by public vote, one blog per category in each country. The shortlist will comprise the 5 blogs receiving the largest number of public votes by the closing date. Votes are limited to one vote per blog and readers can also nominate a blog that Skyscanner has not already nominated by using the “User´s choice category”.
- The winners from each category will compete against the winners of the other participating countries in the international final, where the Skyscanner international judging panel will choose the final winners.
The opening and closing dates of the award are:
– Nominees are announced on the 17th of January 2013 and voting opens
– Voting for winners of each categories closes on the 18th of February 2013
– Country winners of each categories are announced on the 22nd of February 2013
– Final international winners are announced on the 1st of March 2013
The Bloscar awards will cover the following categories:
- Best female travel blogger: This category is dedicated to female bloggers who have proved to have excellent travel writing skills.
- Best male travel blogger: This category is dedicated to the male bloggers who have proved to have excellent travel writing skills.
- Best travel photography blog: This category is dedicated to those travel bloggers who capture the best moments of their travels with their cameras and delight us with outstanding images.
- Best newcomer travel blog: This category is dedicated to the new travel blogs which have been around for a year or less but have proven to be excellent travel writers.
- User´s choice blog: This will be the only category where Skyscanner readers can nominate a blog (that has not been already nominated by Skyscanner).
Nominees for Travel Bloscars 2013
Best Male Blogger
Best Female Blogger
New Comer Blog
- Journeys and Travels
- The Geek Travels
- Love Mindanao
- The Adventures of Adventuroj ( — ^^,)
Another feat for Adventuroj of The Adventures of Adventuroj!
Being nominated in such a prestigious travel blog competition is indeed an honor for me. Within one year of blogging and doing the thing I loved the most – that is ‘traveling’, it is overwhelming to know that one’s efforts are appreciated.
I know this is a tough one. Competing alongside established and well known travel bloggers in the country (most of whom are friends also from the Pinoy Travel Bloggers Facebook Community), is ain’t easy. But I’m not giving up. I always love challenges, and this, I accept as another adventure!
As they say, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”
How to Vote for Travel Bloscars 2013?
To vote, just visit https://www.facebook.com/SkyscannerPhilippines/app_522736347746411 or Click any of the two Travel Bloscar Images above (they’re linked to the site).
THE ADVENTURES OF ADVENTUROJ is listed under NEW COMER BLOGS Category. *wink.
You can check the winners for the past year here – http://www.skyscanner.net/news/skyscanner-2012-bloscar-awards.
Not just that, you might also just win yourself a Kindle Fire HD upon voting! Thank you! ^^,